A Workshop and Educational Tour/Demonstration
Thursday June 16, 2016
We have reached capacity and registration is now closed. Thank you for your interest and be on the lookout for more workshops in the future.
Day two of our biological control workshop and tour/demonstration features techniques for more challenging pests, including thrips. This day is limited to a grower audience with some experience. Looking for an introduction to biological control? Consider attending DAY ONE here.
Featuring: Suzanne Wainwright-Evans, Buglady Consulting
Robin Rosetta, Oregon State University Extension Horticulturalist
Location: OSU North Willamette Research & Extension Center (NWREC)
15210 NE Miley Rd, Aurora, OR 97002
Cost (lunch provided): $35
This is an equal opportunity event.
8:00 am - 8:30 am: Check-in with coffee and snacks
MORNING WORKSHOP (8:30 am - 12:00 pm):
Advanced Biological Pest Management – Suzanne Wainwright-Evans, Buglady Consulting
- Local and National Trends and Concerns for Biocontrol
- Top pests Commercial Growers Face Today: Thrips, Aphids, Flies, and Mites
- Available Products and How to Use in a Biological Control Program
- Resources and Suppliers
- Rearing your own Beneficials
- Biopesticides - State of the Industry
- Chemical Compatibility with Biocontrols
Whole-Farm Revenue Insurance – George Harris, Northwest Farm Credit Services
- Learn about a crop insurance program that provides a new opportunity for specialty crop and diversified farms to secure coverage.
Grower Roundtable - Facilitated by Robin Rosetta and Suzanne Wainwright-Evans
- Participate in an open discussion with other growers about what's working and what's needed in Oregon's nursery and greenhouse biocontrol efforts.
AFTERNOON TOUR/DEMONSTRATION (12:30 pm - 5:00 pm):
Tour Local Nurseries
Demonstrations: Techniques for Managing Thrips and Other Pests, Applying Predatory Natural Enemies, Banker Plants, Integrating Microbials, Dip Demonstration. Tour transportation is provided and will depart and return from NWREC.