You are here: Home The Latest News

The Latest News

Exposure to Fungicides Linked with Nerve Damage
Most researchers agree that high levels of exposure to certain pesticides damage nerves, but there has been more controversy about whether long-term moderate exposure to pesticides can damage our nervous system. A new review compiles research showing that this kind of exposure to insecticides, fungicides, and fumigants is linked with nerve damage. The researchers noted the links with fungicide use, as these were unexpected.
Poisonings from Rodent Baits
Thousands of children are poisoned every year from accidentally eating rodent baits. A report compiled annually from incidents reported to poison control centers shows just how big this problem is.
Common Herbicide Linked with Pregnancy Problems and Hormone Disruption
New research often finds that pesticides cause unexpected effects on our health. A recent study of the commonly used herbicide Roundup not only found unexpected effects, but also found that the combination of ingredients in Roundup was more toxic than glyphosate, the so-called "active" ingredient in Roundup.
Ontario Family Physicians Systematic Review
Is there solid scientific evidence to show that pesticide exposure is harmful to human health? Sometimes this question is thought to have a controversial answer, especially among health professionals. However, the Ontario College of Family Physicians just completed a year-long systematic review of published research and concluded that there are "consistent links to serious illnesses."
Lessons from the Burden of Toxic Chemicals We Carry In our Bodies
We are all carrying a surprising number of toxic chemicals in our bodies, according to a number of studies including some conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. But what is the source of this exposure? What can we do to prevent it? A new assessment concludes that much of the exposure comes from products (including pesticides) and building materials that we use in our homes, workplaces, and the other indoor places where we spend our time. Since these exposures are mostly not regulated by environmental laws, we need to protect ourselves by using nontoxic alternatives.