A Pest Management Workshop and Educational Tour/Demonstration
Wednesday and Thursday June 14-15, 2017
Join us for this workshop and educational tour/demonstration to learn approaches to manage common pests on nursery plants! This workshop and tour will train field and greenhouse growers in methods of biological control.
16650 WA-536, Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Day 1 Only for $45
Day 2 Only (half day) for $25
Pre-register until one week before the event. Late Registration increases by $5 on June 7, and is only available based on space.
Price includes lunch on both days, including a taco bar and salads.
Training has been approved for continuing education credits:
WSDA Pesticide Applicator Credits: 5 for Wednesday and 3 for Thursday
Certified Professional Horticulturist Credits: 6 for Wednesday and 3 for Thursday
ecoPRO credits: 6 for Wednesday and 3 for Thursday
Day One Agenda (8:30am - 5:00pm):
- Biocontrols: What we can control/What we can’t
- Mites, thrips, aphids, gnats and weevils: What is working for growers
- Tutorial on using microscopes for identification
- Critical thinking for using biocontrol: Understanding your growing situation, what questions to ask a provider, fact from fiction
- Discussion Panel: Checking your spray records, Getting your team involved, How to market and motivate
- Crop Insurance Presentation
- Bug Out with Alison-Identification
- Local Nursery Tour with bio control demonstration, including microbial dip, beneficial nematodes and banker plants
Day Two Agenda (8:30am - 1:30pm):
- Introduction to local resources: NCAP/WSLNA/ecoPro
- Solutions for Broad mites
- Update on new research-apply critical thinking
- Attracting beneficial insects
- Hands on application methods of biocontrol agents: When to apply, what temperature, and how
- Emerging Pest issues: What’s coming our way?
Sponsored by: USDA Risk Management Agency This is an equal opportunity event.
Additional support provided by: