A Workshop and Educational Tour/Demonstration
Wednesday June 15, 2016
We have reached capacity and registration is now closed. Thank you for your interest and be on the lookout for more workshops in the future.
Join us for this workshop and educational tour/demonstration to learn new approaches to manage common pests on nursery plants! This workshop and tour will train field and greenhouse growers in beginning methods of biological control, and will be offered in English and Spanish.
Featuring: Suzanne Wainwright-Evans, Buglady Consulting
Robin Rosetta, Oregon State University Extension Horticulturalist
Location: OSU North Willamette Research & Extension Center (NWREC)
15210 NE Miley Rd, Aurora, OR 97002
Cost: $20 morning workshop | $35 morning workshop plus educational tour and demonstration
This is an equal opportunity event.
8:00 am - 8:30 am: Check-in with coffee and snacks
MORNING WORKSHOP (8:30 am - 12:00 pm):
Introductory Biological Pest Management – Suzanne Wainwright-Evans, Buglady Consulting
- Concepts and Why it Works
- Getting Started with a Biocontrol Program
- Managing Spider Mites, Fungus Gnats, Aphids, and Other Pests with Natural Enemies
- Visit with Vendors
Whole-Farm Revenue Insurance – George Harris, Northwest Farm Credit Services
- Learn about a crop insurance program that provides a new opportunity for specialty crop and diversified farms to secure coverage.
OPTIONAL AFTERNOON TOUR/DEMONSTRATION (12:30 pm - 5:00 pm):
Tour Two Local Nurseries
- See Demonstrations for Managing Spider Mites, Aphids, and Fungus Gnats. Tour transportation is covered and will depart and return from NWREC.